Skip to main content

Audrey Hepburn quotes


Name: Audrey Kathleen Ruston
Birth: May 4, 1929
Death: January 20, 1993 (63)
Birthplace: Ixelles, Belgium
Star Sign: Taurus
Info: Studied Ballet. Was in several European films. Starred in Broadway Play Gigi.



I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

If I’m honest, I have to tell you I still read fairy tales and I like them best of all.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don’t need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

The most important thing is to enjoy your life, to be happy, it’s all that matters.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

The beauty in a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart; the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It’s the caring and that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows and the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

Some people dream of having a big swimming pool. With me, it’s closets.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

Your heart just breaks, that’s all. But you can’t judge or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

You can always tell what kind of a person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it’s at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you’re exactly the same.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

My look is attainable. Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

I don’t want to be alone, I want to be left alone.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

If I get married, I want to be very married.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

There are certain shades of limelight that can wreck a girl’s complexion.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

I probably hold the distinction of being one movie star who, by all laws of logic, should never have made it. At each stage of my career, I lacked the experience.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

Pick the day. Enjoy it — to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come. The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present — and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it's all that matters.”
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“Your heart just breaks, that's all. But you can't judge or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“I don't want to be alone, I want to be left alone.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“Paris is always a good idea.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“If I get married, I want to be very married.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“I'm an introvert... I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,but true beauty in a Woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present, and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel."
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“When you have nobody you can make a cup of tea for, when nobody needs you, that's when I think life is over.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering - because you can't take it in all at once.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“Why change? Everyone has his own style. When you have found it, you should stick to it.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“I heard a definition once: Happiness is health and a short memory! I wish I'd invented it, because it is very true.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“You can always tell what kind of a person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn't help if your ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“It's that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so 'don't fuss, dear; get on with it'.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“I've been lucky. Opportunities don't often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote

“People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.” 
- Audrey Hepburn quote